The Bandstand was built in 1909 at it's original location in Memorial Square than moved to the Riverbank in 1979.
It was built as a performance venue for the Prince Albert Band that dates back to 1887. The band presented weekly public performances.
In 2020 the Bandstand received a makeover with fresh paint and the addition of LED lighting. The project was funded through the City of Prince Albert and the Downtown Business Improvement District.
For more information about the History and Culture of Prince Albert please visit the Historical Museum.